Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Terri Schiavo has died..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Terri Schiavo has died..

    just announced on the Today show.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Terri Schiavo has died..

    Bless her heart...she has been through a rough time, but at least she will feel no more pain. God bless her!

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Terri Schiavo has died..

    That is my only problem with this whole thing OAR. If she was brain dead or in a vegetative state? What did she feel? I've had mixed emotions over this.
    I've read nothing of a living will. Just her husbands words of what she wanted.
    Did people who what was right, in pulling her feeding tube? 13 days to die from starvation?
    Or should her family been awarded custody of her?
    This is one thing that many will or should think about for a long time.
    Was this something her husband should of had all control over?
    Esp. with him moving on and having a common law wife and children with her?
    Or should the courts of awarded custody of her to her family.
    If Terry Schiavo was in no pain, and even if no chance of her to get better, why now?
    Why not years ago, when they knew the same thing?
    Like i said i have mixed views and opinions on this issue.
    All i can say if you don't, many might want to have a living will.
    The parents of this woman were not even allowed access at the time of her death. Because her husband Micheal had denied them access.
    And now there is to be an autopsy?
    All i can say is if this woman suffered i hope those who put her through this get theirs, and if she didn't well all i can say is right or wrong, who knows?
    But to basically starve a person to death? Why not just lethal injection?
    Hope the Pope has a living will. He's headed for possibly the same thing. Wonder who will decided when to pull his tube? An arrogant self absorbed Pope want to be?
    Most talked about Scott Peterson, well i never seen much remorse from Terry Schiavo's husband Micheal.
    Which why should we, he has a wife and two children to comfort him? Then he wants her Terry's body creamated against her families wishes?
    Arrogant ass wouldn't even let the woman's family come in to say their good bye's, till Terry their daughter was pronounced dead? Yeah i got a lot of sympathy for him.


    Terry Schiavo

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Terri Schiavo has died..

    Thank God, now she can rest. This woman was put through way to much stress and suffering.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Terri Schiavo has died..

    God Bless her and her family..I hop her husband can live with that on his conscience

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Terri Schiavo has died..

    Her parents claimed that with treatment, she would get better. She had 15 years to recover, with no apparent signs. I know as parents it must have been hard to let their child go, no matter what state she was in, but they should have realized that she would be better off. I had to watch my mother's health decline to the point where the realization came to me that she would be better off passing away than constantly suffering.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Terri Schiavo has died..

    I know what you had to deal with MikMo. And as a son. I can understand.
    I know what you went through and i knew your mother, a great woman. And none of the rest of this is directed to you.
    Just thoughts and questions i have.
    I just have a hard time understanding, why now, and why a man so involved, who basically had moved on.
    Micheal Schiavo had moved on, and there was a family dispute between him and Terry's family.
    But at what point, should a husband have the right to keep a mother and father, from seeing their daughter who they are told is moments from death.
    This man Micheal seem to use this poor woman Terry as his own way to get his way, against her family.
    To me that is disgusting.
    Like i said i don't know. I just honestly think this opens up a lot of issues. Living wills etc.
    This has made a political hot bed and a huge division among many.
    Dr. K the suicide doctor, was deemed a killer in assisted suicides.
    To me this was not assisted suicide, but what was it? Honestly. What do you deem this a mercy death? A right to die?
    I honestly don't know where you would put this.
    And i have a hard time having any sympathy for Micheal Schiavo, to keep doing this family this way.
    To me it was like as i said.
    Terry Schiavo to me, became Micheal Schiavo's way to get back at her family. Because he had all control, and with a common law wife, i question that. Why all control, was or is that not bigamy? Two wives?
    Like i said this woman Terry was caught in the middle of a lot.
    And now gone from this world. Even her families wishes on her burial may not be adhered to.
    I just don't understand this man.
    I guess it's more of you have moved on. Why not stop the pain to this family now. Have they to not suffered enough, yet now an autopsy and maybe a creamtion of their daughters body, from a man who basically had two wives?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Terri Schiavo has died..

    I agree whole heartedly LPD...But you one day he Terry will answer to all of this that has happened
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Terri Schiavo has died..

    Yeah, I kinda got a raised eyebrow when I first learned that he had a fiancee and 2 children with her....kinda made me think. I would like to think that his actions were in the best interests of Terry, but with the way people are today, it's hard telling.
    And I appreciate the comment about my mother, LPD.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Terri Schiavo has died..

    I don't think you cannot expect the man to not move on. It had been 15 years, everyone needs companionship. He didn't want to desert his wife I"m sure. He wanted what was best for her. If she hadn't come out of the state for 15 years, she would probably never come out. The parents just didn't want to let go of their child no matter what was best for her.
    I don't think he was just in it for the money either, because all that is left is around $40,000 because of legal and medical bills.

    I think he did the right thing... in my opinion, of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •